Brew the true Italian way with the legendary Bialetti Moka Express!
The exclusive Dolce & Gabbana edition, Moka Express becomes a tribute to the artistic crafts, landscapes and unique colours of Sicily, recreating the decorative motifs of the Sicilian Cart: an element of folklore of the island which, with its traditions, has always been at the heart of Dolce&Gabbana’s aesthetic.
Enjoy a luxurious cup of coffee with this aesthetically pleasing coffee accessory!
Bialetti's signature quality!
Made in Italy with Bialetti's signature quality and featuring a patented safety valve for quick and easy cleaning, this stovetop espresso maker is perfect for any kitchen. Its ergonomic handle makes it easy to grip and use on gas, electric, and induction cooktops. Wake up to a delicious cup of coffee every day!
What to do before the first use?
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Moka Express Italia is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
How to make coffee in a Moka Pot?
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, do not press coffee down.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 - 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once the coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Disassemble and hand wash in warm water. Suitable for use on gas, electric, and ceramic hobs, NOT suitable for induction.
How do you clean your Moka Pot?
- Wash by hand with warm water.
- Dry thoroughly with a towel.
- Do not reassemble the product until all parts are completely dry to avoid oxidation.
- Do not use soap or detergent.
- Do not use in the dishwasher.
- Do not use steel wool or other abrasive products.
What are the Tips/Precaution you should consider?
- Use coffee ground specifically for a moka coffee maker. Don't use too fine ground coffee.
- Periodically check the funnel, the filter plate, and the washer for wear. Over time, they may need to be replaced.
- Never use the pot without water.
- Never use other contents besides coffee like teas, cacao powder, or instant coffee as it will clog the filter plate.
- If the heat is too high, coffee may have a burnt taste. Getting the optimum temperature for brewing may take some trial and error.
- Store coffee grounds in an airtight container, away from sunlight.
- Use filtered water for the best coffee flavor.